With numerous offshore companies available for the global clients to pick and choose
to offshore assignments, Congruent has always understood the importance of a well
laid offshore strategy that would differentiate us from others and provide us with
the essential competitive edge.
Our offshoring strategy to deliver “Business Value That Exceeds Client Expectations”,
has led to the creation of a robust framework of activities that form the DNA of
our offshoring business. Irrespective of the client or assignment – small, medium
or large, we at Congruent focus on providing the perfect Customer Experience for
each of our clients.
Our offshoring process from beginning to end
- We commence with our corporate presentation about our company and follow
it with a presentation on our capabilities in the client’s specific area(s) of interest.
The presentation is made by the Delivery Head / Division Head, Sales and Presales
- Our presentations are structured in a way that clients can assess the following
during the presentations or Q & A session thereafter (not essentially in the same
- Congruent’s cultural fitment with the client organization
- Our ability to precisely capture the client’s problem statement for which we
need to provide solutions
- Our functional and technical competencies that would help build the right solution
for the client
- Our consultative approach which covers all areas related to the client’s business
- Our core IT service processes and methodologies in relation to the client’s need
- Our resourcing capabilities (attrition, bench strength etc.)
- Our infrastructure standards and practices, communication facilities etc.
- Case studies (previous project experience) on client’s areas of interest
- Our ability to communicate with the client seamlessly
- We then propose a face-to-face meeting with the client. In cases where a
face-to-face meeting is not possible, we propose a video conference meeting.
- We provide at least two customer references who have done IT service offshoring
- On expression of continued interest by the client, post the presentation and reference
checks, we get the NDA signed, if not done already
- For the client’s first outsourcing / offshoring experience, we recommend
they select a non-critical, small project which they can clearly define. An example
would be: A legacy version of an application running at the client’s location which
will not affect their operation by the non-availability of the proposed new application
- We then engage our development team with the client for knowledge transfer
through meetings, e-mails, IM chats, document sharing etc.
- In cases where the client does not have clear requirements upfront, based on our
discussions with them, we draft our understanding document and send it to
the client for review.
- Once the client reviews and approves our understanding document (may take a few
iterations), we then provide a quote (in terms of number of person hours
and rates per person hour required to execute the project)
- On acceptance of the quote by the client, we formally begin with a pilot engagement.
We follow SCRUM / Agile methodology for the development processes.
- During our pilot phase we ensure to set up daily SCRUM/ Stand-up meeting.
During this meeting, each team member updates to the rest of the team on his/her
work done the day before, the planned work for that day, and any issues he/she faces
that impede progress. This allows for the team as a whole and the client to identify
potential issues even before they occur. We consider it extremely important to fix
all glitches in the engagement during the pilot phase before we start with the full
- On completion of pilot development, we deliver the application for client
validation of quality and fulfillment of the specified business requirements
- This pilot delivery also helps client validate the differentiators as claimed by
us during the pre-sales cycle
- We then conduct a retrospective meeting in which we discuss
- What went right?
- What went wrong?
- What needs to be fixed if the engagement needs to continue
- We recommend clients to evaluate our performance based on multiple metrics and rate
us on those to assess the satisfaction level
- Based on the client’s interest to pursue with the full cycle engagement, we decide
on the development model, sign the MSA, non-compete, and non-solicitation
- We then deploy a dedicated client account manager from our end who will handle
the complete engagement with a dedicated project team
For further queries or to express your interest in our services, please fill in the enquiry form for us
to touch base with you.
Quick Contact Form